Nuvolo’s Connected Workplace for SMB – Space, Move and Reservation Management Setup Service provides our customers with a direct onboard to value with an out-of-the-box setup. The fixed-scope engagement follows a pre-defined setup strategy to streamline the configuration process to get our customers operational in less time.
- Drawings prepared following Nuvolo drawing standards.
Nuvolo and Customer will collaborate for the activation of the Nuvolo application. This marks the start of the engagement. The activation will begin with a kickoff meeting for the teams to meet and review the implementation process.
- Provide data templates to Customer for data collection and load.
- Provide a list of appropriate self-paced learning content.
- Set up user credentials.
- Review project plan with task dates and dependencies.
- Review standard product configuration included in this Service Description.
- Create Customer domain (URL) following Nuvolo standards with input from the Customer.
- Upload the branding logo provided by the Customer in PNG file format and at least 175 KB.
Customer will provide:
- Appropriate and knowledgeable staff to complete self-paced learning at the appropriate times and participate in the implementation.
- One or more Nuvolo application administrator for each Nuvolo application as appropriate.
- Customer deliverables as identified for the implementation as scheduled.
- Schedule a session to Review the Organizational/Space Hierarchy with the Customer.
- Load (using template as defined in Data Collection and Load section) organizational and space (location) data and their referential and metadata [as discussed in the template walkthrough] provided by the Customer.
- Provide organizational and space (location) data and their referential and metadata [as discussed in the template walkthrough] via the template provided by Nuvolo.
Data collection and load
Data collection and load for Space, Move and Reservation involves two (2) types of data as follows:
- Referential data — for example: location.
- Metadata — for example: location types, move reasons, etc.
For each data set to be imported, Nuvolo and the Customer have the following responsibilities.
- Nuvolo will review and explain the usage of the data within the Nuvolo application.
- Nuvolo will provide and walkthrough the Standard Spreadsheet Data Templates to collect Customer data.
- Customer will collect data from legacy system(s) if applicable or create the data manually based on business needs.
- Customer will analyze data collected for quality and ease of loading and provide any data cleansing or data sorting required.
- Customer will consolidate the data (combine data into a single, central repository), if applicable.
- Customer will normalize (eliminate redundancies in) the data
- Customer will refine (correct anomalies in) the data.
- Nuvolo will provide guidance, working with the Customer, in mapping the tables and fields from the single, central repository into Nuvolo Standard Spreadsheet Data Templates
- Nuvolo will import data using the completed Standard Spreadsheet Data Template with the standard transform maps and process.
- Nuvolo will perform up to 3 diagnostic cycles to map the source data (up to 1000 records per table) to the Nuvolo target tables in the staging instance.
- Nuvolo will import all applicable source data to the Nuvolo target tables in the production instance.
- Customer will perform validation cycles as needed on the imported data within allocated timeframe.
Space Management Activities and Tasks
- Review and explain the CAD file specifications and usage, as needed.
- Review the Standard CAFM Layers and work with Customer to create additional CAFM Layers as needed.
- Prepare Nuvolo CAD Layers Translation to ingest CAD files.
- Load up to five (5) AutoCAD DXF files based on Nuvolo’s floor map ingestion.
- Verify the ingested AutoCAD files are visible in the following interactive floor plan applications:
- Space Editor
- Workspace Manager
- Verify the “Find people and places” functionality against the loaded floor maps.
- Ensure the Space desktop view predefined global domain records are active, Color by, Space Label and Legend metrics, Seat Assignment Rules, and Space Picker Configuration are imported via template.
- Test interactive floor maps for the following personas:
- Space Admin
- Space Manager
- Space User (Portal)
- Collect/provide/produce CAD files for ingestion.
- Analyze the CAD files collected for quality.
- Files must be in DWG or DXF format.
- All locations/spaces that need to be extracted must be enclosed inside a closed LWPolyline and must be on a single layer.
- Polylines should not overlap to avoid skewing area calculations.
- All other LWPolylines which are not spaces (Boundary Polylines) should be on a different layer.
- Location names and location codes should be added as either MText or Text and must be contained inside the LWPolyline of the location. The name and code should all be on one (1) layer. Location code must be unique per file (drawing).
- Only space related text will be brought over; the rest will be ignored (e.g., labels for furniture).
- Supported section: ENTITIES, BLOCKS, TABLES, HEADERS.
- Visual Base Layer objects supported: LWPLOYLINE, CIRCLE, ARC, LINE, POLYLINE, VERTEX, SOLID, ELLIPSE, SPLINE.
- Layer names should be consistent across all DXF files.
- Refine (correct anomalies) in the CAD files.
- Have subject matter expert available to diagnose and resolve CAD file issues during the load process.
Move Management Activities and Tasks
- Enable move parameters below:
- Move reasons — Used for reporting and characterization purposes.
- Service activities — Used for determining the work activities associated with a move request and move line item.
- Move templates — Used to relate service activities to move type and location conditions.
- Enable work order, move request, and move line-item state definitions, state transitions and field visibility associated with each state using the functionality included with the base Nuvolo software. Customization to the states and transitions functionality is out of scope.
- Enable the standard Move Management Assignment Rules and provide customer the template to load the following:
- Planned Move – Assignment Group
- Move Work Order – Assignment Group
- Enable Move Plans.
- Confirm Move Scheduler is rendering Planned Moves.
- Enable the standard Move Management email notifications.
- Review the following licenses with the Customer:
- Move Technicians
- Space Manager
- Space Admin
- Space Viewer
- Verify the ingested AutoCAD files are visible in the Workspace Planner and Workspace Manager interactive floor views.
- Review the Move Consolidator
- Provide move parameters, and field visibility for work orders and move requests and provide move management assignment rules the template walkthrough via templates provided by Nuvolo
Reservation Management Activities and Tasks
- Load (using template as defined in Data Collection and Load section) reservable locations (e.g., conference room) and the locations reservation variables (e.ge., Reservation Class, Reservation Owner, Default Space Layout, Amenities, and Special Notes) [as discussed in the template walkthrough] provided by the Customer.
- Review Reservation Activities with the Customer.
- Load (using template as defined in Data Collection and Load section) the Home Base and Primary Space assignments [as discussed in the template walkthrough] provided by the Customer.
- Enable the Make Reservation catalogue item as directed by the Customer.
- Verify the ingested AutoCAD files are visible in the Reservation interactive floor plan view.
- Verify the reservable location configurations with the Reservations page views and filters functionality.
- Enable the out-of-the-box email notifications provided for space reservations.
- Provide location reservation variables Reservation Class, Reservation Owner, Default Space Layout, Amenities, and Special Notes [as discussed in the template walkthrough] via the template provided by Nuvolo.
Portal Activities and Tasks
- Enable the Nuvolo portal, portal elements, catalog items (request forms), and functionality included with the base Nuvolo software.
- Update the portal with appropriate Customer provided branding elements. These elements must be provided before the configuration is scheduled and is limited to:
- Enable catalogs based on Customer license.
Dashboards and Reporting Activities and Tasks
The Nuvolo Connected Workplace for SMB application provides over 300 standard reports. As part of this engagement, training will be provided to enable the Customer on how to create their own.
Nuvolo will provide Customer with access to a knowledge base specifically designed to enable Nuvolo Connected Workplace for SMB users.
- Nuvolo application training materials include:
- Work Order processing.
Data Validation and Configuration Testing
Data validation and configuration testing will be performed by the Customer once Customer data has been loaded to the Nuvolo stage environment.
- Provide Customer with access to user guide documentation.
- Coordinate weekly check-ins with Customer to review progress.
Nuvolo is not responsible for the following activities and tasks for data validation and configuration testing:
- Managing Customer data validation and configuration testing resources and day-to-day operations.
- Creation of end-to-end testing plan.
- Promote all data records from stage (STAGE) environment to Nuvolo Connected Workplace for SMB production (PROD) environment.
- Coordinate transition to Nuvolo’s Customer Success team.
Nuvolo is not responsible for the following activities and tasks for production go-live:
- Authoring Customer’s specific operational policies or work instructions.
If there is a change in scope, assumptions, capability discovered during the implementation kickoff then Nuvolo will require a Change Request. Any Change Request signed by both parties shall be effective as of the date set forth therein (each, a “Change Order”). Instances in which a Change Order shall be required include: (1) Customer’s requests for out-of-scope Services; (2) discovery of new information that requires an increase in the scope of Services; or (3) Customer’s failure to fulfill any of its responsibilities if such failure delays the Services or requires Nuvolo to incur additional time or costs in performing Services.
If the parties do not agree on a Change Order, the Engagement shall proceed as originally set forth. If, however, the existing Engagement or any specific Services cannot proceed without an executed Change Order, Nuvolo may suspend Services until the Change Order is executed.
The duration for the setup of the services outlined in this document is up to four (4) weeks.
The duration of this deployment is up to four (4) weeks. Any additional effort required related to complexity, scope or project duration will be subject to the change request process.
Any activities or tasks not specifically outlined in this Service Description are out of scope.