Nuvolo’s Facilities Capital Planning Setup package provides a best-practice approach to the out-of-the-box setup of Nuvolo. The fixed-scope engagement follows a pre-defined setup strategy to streamline the configuration process and focuses on a rapid time-to-value deployment.
- ServiceNow instance
- Facilities Maintenance
The purpose of a kickoff meeting is for the teams to meet and review the implementation process. On or around the time of the kickoff meeting –
- Provide data templates to Customer for data collection and load.
- Provide a list of appropriate self-paced learning content.
- Review project plan with task dates and dependencies.
- Review standard product configuration included in this Service Description.
Customer will provide:
- Appropriate and knowledgeable staff to complete self-paced learning prior to kick-off and participate in the implementation.
- One or more Nuvolo application administrator for each Nuvolo application as appropriate.
- Customer’s network access process.
- Customer deliverables as identified for the implementation as scheduled.
- Sub production instance URLs.
- Admin access to the ServiceNow sub-production instance(s) first week of implementation for Nuvolo implementation team.
Access to Nuvolo applications and modules is controlled by defined roles included with each base application. Roles are assigned to groups and members of a group inherit the roles assigned to the group. Note that access to individual records and fields may be controlled by defined roles or informal roles based on the specific fields in the record.
- Review the Customer’s process in which it will create groups and assign group members to the production instance.
- Provide standard roles for access to the application(s).
Existing Setup Evaluation
- Review with Customer the setup of the following items used by Nuvolo’s Capital Planning:
- ServiceNow Environment Setup
- Nuvolo Application Installation
- Organizational/Space Hierarchy
- Asset Inventory and Life Cycle
- Work Order Management
- Contract Management
- Parts Inventory Management
- Purchase Requisition Management
- Facilities Condition Assessments
Facilities Condition Assessments
- Nuvolo will review the following with the customer:
- Deficiency Categories
- Deficiency Category values are derived from the Facilities Work Order Types, which are managed by Facilities Admins.
- FCA Admins do not have the ability to create/update/deactivate work order types directly, but should work with the Facilities Admin to maintain them.
- Facilities Condition Assessment Access
- FCA Admin: Manages all aspects of FCA, such as to create, read, update, and delete records.
- FCA User: Reviews all FCA records, creating Deficiency records for any issues found. Can promote Deficiency records to create work projects and work orders for the issues.
- Facilities Condition Assessment Workflow
- Facilities Condition Assessment process includes the following steps.
- FCA requested.
- State Transition Options: Draft.
- FCA Admin creates the FCA record, identifying the Assets or Spaces that are to be assessed.
- State Transition Options: Draft and In Progress.
- FCA Admin assigns the FCA record to an FCA User for completion.
- FCA Users can also self-assign condition assessments.
- State Transition Options: In Progress and Completed.
- FCA User checks all Assets or Spaces associated with the condition of assessment, creating Deficiency records for any issues discovered.
- State Transition Options: Complete.
- FCA User addresses all Deficiencies and updates the condition assessment to be complete.
- Deficiency Workflow
- Deficiency process includes the following steps.
- Deficiency identified
- State Transition Options: Draft and Estimated.
- FCA User creates a deficiency from a condition assessment, specifying the space, asset, category, and priority.
- State Transition Options: Estimated and Planned.
- FCA User provides an estimated repair cost for the issue.
- Estimated repair cost and facilities condition index are automatically updated on the space or asset.
- State Transition Options: Planned and Promoted.
- FCA User, in collaboration with a capital planning team, determines the planned repair year and the ranking for the repair against the other deficiencies planned for that year.
- State Transition Options: Promoted and Fixed.
- FCA Users can promote deficiencies to Work Orders, which are grouped together as a Work Project, to carry out the repairs.
- State Transition Options: Fixed.
- Once all repairs are complete, the Deficiency is marked as Fixed by the FCA User.
- Nuvolo will complete the following activities and tasks in support of establishing one (1) capital plan as a guide:
- Review with the customer the default settings and adjust them, as needed
- Score Ranges for each Priority Level
- Budget Amount per Year
- Default Capital Plan Configuration (set of scoring rules and inclusion rules)
- Capital Plan Length
- Scoring Rules
- Capital Planner Admin would have the ability to create/update/delete scoring rules.
- Review with the customer the standard scoring rules and adjust them, as needed.
- Capital Plan Configuration Items
- Capital Planner Admin would have the ability to create/update/delete capital plan configuration items.
- Review with the customer the standard capital plan configuration item and adjust it, as needed.
- Capital Planner: Create and manage capital plans, reviewing assets missing data elements needed for the capital plan scoring.
- Capital Planner Admin: Full write access and control of the Capital Planning application to configure plan configurations, scoring rules, inclusion rules, and properties.
- Capital Plan Workflow
- Capital plan process includes the following steps.
- Capital Plan creation
- Draft and pending.
- Capital planner creates initial plan based on scoring and inclusion rules.
- Pending approval
- Draft, Pending, and Complete.
- Budget review for the plan is conducted, moving back to Draft if not approved and moving forward Complete if approved.
- Approval Complete
- Plan is executed and followed for the duration of the plan.
- Addition of up to five (5) fields not already included in the standard Capital Plan.
- Addition of up to one (1) new Dashboard and five (5) new charts.
Nuvolo will not:
- Reconfiguring Nuvolo Capital Planning to not use FCA Deficiencies
- Nuvolo’s Standard Facilities Capital Planning depends on Facilities Condition Assessment Deficiencies being tracked.
User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Provide Customer with access to configuration documentation in Nuvolo’s SDLC instance.
- Create functional test cases, required for testing user stories.
- Package update sets and appropriate XML data and make available to the Customer for each Development Sprint.
- Conduct daily check-ins with Customer to review UAT progress and document reported issues.
- Review, prioritize, approve, and assign issues one of the following types:
- Defect: There is a flaw with the configuration, which Nuvolo will correct.
- Training: The issue is due to a tester misunderstanding of functionality and will be corrected via training/education.
- Enhancement: The issue submitted is not functionality that was agreed upon and was therefore never configured and is out of scope.
- Make every effort to remediate UAT defects within the UAT period and provide for enough time for the Customer to adequately re-test prior to go-live.
- Migrate the update sets and appropriate XML data (i.e., configurations) made in Sub Production instance(s) to the Production instance.
- Perform User acceptance testing (UAT) once configuration and unit testing has been completed.
- Create data or records in UAT environment as need to facilitate UAT.
- Manage Customer’s UAT resources and day-to-day operations.
- Create end-to-end process testing plan.
- Test/re-test remediated defects within 36 hours of notification.
- Report issues and provide a description, steps to reproduce and/or video recording, and expected results for each issue discovered during the UAT daily check-in.
- Building UAT use cases and leading internal resources through UAT.
- Review defect list for accuracy.
Nuvolo Capital Planning for Facilities provides a framework for tracking asset expenses and assessing future replacement needs. Understanding the data elements that contribute to an individual Capital Plan is essential to successfully utilizing the application.
Nuvolo will review and demonstrate the following for Facilities Condition Assessments:
- Facilities Condition Assessment Workflow.
- Deficiencies Workflow.
Nuvolo will review and demonstrate the following for Facilities Capital Planning:
- Scoring Rules
- Priority Level calculations
- Capital Plan Configuration Items
- Capital Plan Life Cycle
- Default Dashboard
- Default Charts and Chart Types
- Adding Fields not already included
Production Go-Live and Post Go-Live Activities and Tasks
- Coordinate schedule for production go-live date and time.
- Provide go-live support to include documented deployment plan, side-by-side support as Customer migrates update sets and data into production with regular and mutually agreed upon check-in meetings during migration and regression testing.
- Provide post go-live support (Hypercare) for one week to include daily check-in meetings, defect reports, and knowledge transfer to Customer Success team.
- Coordinate a transition to Nuvolo’s Customer Success team.
- Author Customer specific operational policies or work instructions.
- Send the communication plan(s) as developed and scheduled.
- Migrate update sets and data into production.
If there is a change in scope, assumptions, capability discovered during the implementation kickoff then Nuvolo will require a Change Request. Any Change Request signed by both parties shall be effective as of the date set forth therein (each, a “Change Order”). Instances in which a Change Order shall be required include: (1) Customer’s requests for out-of-scope Services; (2) discovery of new information that requires an increase in the scope of Services; or (3) Customer’s failure to fulfill any of its responsibilities if such failure delays the Services or requires Nuvolo to incur additional time or costs in performing Services.
If the parties do not agree on a Change Order, the Engagement shall proceed as originally set forth. If, however, the existing Engagement or any specific Services cannot proceed without an executed Change Order, Nuvolo may suspend Services until the Change Order is executed.
The duration for the setup of the services outlined in this document is up to ten (10) weeks.
The duration of this deployment is up to ten (10) weeks. Any additional effort required related to complexity, scope or project duration will be subject to the change request process.
Any activities or tasks not specifically outlined in this Service Description are out of scope.