Nuvolo’s Reservation Management Setup package provides a best-practice approach to the out-of-the-box setup of Nuvolo. The fixed-scope engagement follows a pre-defined setup strategy to streamline the configuration process and focuses on a rapid time-to-value deployment.
- ServiceNow instance
- Drawings prepared following Nuvolo drawing standards.
Scope of Work
The purpose of a kickoff meeting is for the teams to meet and review the implementation process. On or around the time of the kickoff meeting –
- Provide data templates to Customer for data collection and load.
- Provide a list of appropriate self-paced learning content.
- Review project plan with task dates and dependencies.
- Review standard product configuration included in this Service Description.
Customer will provide:
- Appropriate and knowledgeable staff to complete self-paced learning prior to kick-off and participate in the implementation.
- One or more Nuvolo application administrator for each Nuvolo application as appropriate.
- Customers network access process.
- Customer deliverables as identified for the implementation as scheduled.
- Sub production instance URLs.
- Admin access to the ServiceNow sub-production instance(s) first week of implementation for Nuvolo implementation team.
Access to Nuvolo applications and modules is controlled by defined roles included with each base application. Roles are assigned to groups and members of a group inherit the roles assigned to the group. Note that access to individual records and fields may be controlled by defined roles or informal roles based on the specific fields in the record.
- Review the Customer’s process in which it will create groups and assign group members to the production instance.
- Provide standard roles for access to the application(s).
- Schedule a session to Review the Organizational/Space Hierarchy with the Customer.
Data collection and load
Data collection and load involves three (3) types of data as follows:
- Transactional data: for example, work orders and related work order costs.
- Referential data: for example, assets, asset types, manufacturer, model, and location.
- Metadata: for example, location types, work order types, resolution codes, etc.
For each data set to be imported, Nuvolo and the Customer have the following responsibilities:
- Nuvolo will review and explain the usage of the data within the Nuvolo application.
- Nuvolo will provide the Standard Spreadsheet Data Templates to collect Customer data.
- Customer will collect data from legacy system(s), if applicable, or create the data manually based on business needs.
- Customer will analyze data collected for quality and ease of loading and provide any data cleansing or data sorting required.
- Customer will consolidate the data (combine data into a single, central repository), if applicable.
- Customer will normalize (eliminate redundancies in) the data.
- Customer will refine (correct anomalies in) the data.
- Customer will map the tables and fields from the single, central repository into Nuvolo Standard Spreadsheet Data Templates with guidance from Nuvolo.
- Nuvolo will import data using the completed Standard Spreadsheet Data Template with the standard transform maps and process.
- Nuvolo will perform up to 3 diagnostic cycles to map the source data (up to 1000 records per table) to the Nuvolo target tables in the development instance.
- Customer will import source data to the Nuvolo target tables in the test instance.
- Customer will import all applicable source data to the Nuvolo target tables in the production instance.
- Customer will perform validation cycles as needed on the imported data.
Reservation Management Activities and Tasks
- Load (using template as defined in Data Collection and Load section) reservable locations (e.g., conference room) and the locations reservation variables (e.g., Reservation Class, Reservation Owner, Default Space Layout, Amenities, and Special Notes) as discussed in workshop and provided by the Customer.
- Configure Reservation Activities as discussed in workshop and provided by the Customer.
- Set Reservation properties as discussed in workshop and provided by the Customer.
- Load (using template as defined in Data Collection and Load section) the Home Base and Primary Space assignments as discussed in workshop and provided by the Customer.
- Enable the Make Reservation catalogue item as discussed in workshop and directed by the Customer.
- Review relationships between Reservations, Reservation Snapshots, and Reservation Events.
- Setup and configure the Nuvolo Office 365 integration for connectivity to Customer’s Office 365.
- Review the following personas with the Customer:
- Reservation Admin
- Requested By
- Requested For
- Reservation Owner
- Verify ingested AutoCAD files are visible in the Reservation interactive floor plan view.
- Verify the reservable location configurations with the Reservations page views and filters functionality.
- Configure email notifications for space reservations.
- Provide location reservation variables Reservation Class, Reservation Owner, Default Space Layout, Amenities, and Special Notes and provide the Home Base and Primary Space assignments as discussed in the workshop.
Portal Activities and Tasks
- Review the Nuvolo portal, portal elements, catalog items (request forms), and functionality included with the base Nuvolo software with the Customer.
- Update the portal with appropriate Customer provided branding elements. These elements must be provided before the configuration is scheduled and is limited to:
- Branding logo.
- Color Scheme/page theme.
- Background image and text.
- Activate or de-activate the Nuvolo out of the box request form parameters below as directed by the Customer.
Dashboards and Reporting Activities and Tasks
- Review the standard reports and dashboards included in the release implemented.
- Update the report filter conditions provided by Customer for up to five (5) reports using standard reporting configuration options provided in out-of-the-box reporting application.
- Update up to five (5) standard dashboards using standard dashboard configuration options.
User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Provide Customer with access to configuration documentation in Nuvolo’s SDLC instance.
- Create functional test cases, required for testing user stories.
- Package update sets and appropriate XML data and make available to the Customer for each Development Sprint.
- Conduct daily check-ins with Customer to review UAT progress and document reported issues.
- Review, prioritize, approve, and assign issues one of the following types:
- Defect: There is a flaw with the configuration, which Nuvolo will correct.
- Training: The issue is due to a tester misunderstanding of functionality and will be corrected via training/education.
- Enhancement: The issue submitted is not functionality that was agreed upon and was therefore never configured and is out of scope.
- Make every effort to remediate UAT defects within the UAT period and provide for enough time for the Customer to adequately re-test prior to go-live.
- Migrate the update sets and appropriate XML data (i.e., configurations) made in Sub Production instance(s) to the Production instance.
- Perform User acceptance testing (UAT) once configuration and unit testing has been completed.
- Create data or records in UAT environment as need to facilitate UAT.
- Manage Customer’s UAT resources and day-to-day operations.
- Create end-to-end process testing plan.
- Test/re-test remediated defects within 36 hours of notification.
- Report issues and provide a description, steps to reproduce and/or video recording, and expected results for each issue discovered during the UAT daily check-in.
- Building UAT use cases and leading internal resources through UAT.
- Review defect list for accuracy.
- Provide training sessions remotely via video conference facilities.
- Review training scope and the final content to be included in training based on the Deploy stage configurations.
- Create training PPT presentation and materials that reflect the client implementation. This material will provide the user with instruction on how to use their Nuvolo implementation to perform the functions of their job. This may include, for example, how to create work orders, onboard assets, search for specific devices, and other tasks.
- Develop two (2) role-based user train-the-trainer model training curricula as follows:
- Nuvolo application administrator curriculum covering general administration, reporting, and dashboards.
- Technician/user curriculum covering how to use their Nuvolo implementation to perform technician/user functions such as how to create work orders and assets, search for specific devices, and other tasks appropriate to the implementation.
- Perform training sessions for up to twelve (12) participants each.
- One Nuvolo application administrator session with up to five (5) hours of customer facing training.
- One Technician session consisting of up to five (5) hours of customer facing training.
Production G0-Live and Post Go-Live Activities and Tasks
- Coordinate schedule for production go-live date and time.
- Provide go-live support to include documented deployment plan, side-by-side support as Customer migrates update sets and data into production with regular and mutually agreed upon check-in meetings during migration and regression testing.
- Provide post go-live support (Hypercare) for one week to include daily check-in meetings, defect reports, and knowledge transfer to Customer Success team.
- Coordinate a transition to Nuvolo’s Customer Success team.
- Author Customer specific operational policies or work instructions.
- Send the communication plan(s) as developed and scheduled.
- Migrate update sets and data into production.
The duration for the setup of the services outlined in this document is up to fifteen (10) weeks.
The estimated duration of this deployment is up to ten (10) weeks. Any additional effort required related to complexity, scope or project duration will be subject to the change request process.
Any activities or tasks not specifically outlined in this Service Description are out of scope.
If there is a change in scope, assumptions, capability discovered during the implementation kickoff then Nuvolo will require a Change Request. Any Change Request signed by both parties shall be effective as of the date set forth therein (each, a “Change Order”). Instances in which a Change Order shall be required include: (1) Customer’s requests for out-of-scope Services; (2) discovery of new information that requires an increase in the scope of Services; or (3) Customer’s failure to fulfill any of its responsibilities if such failure delays the Services or requires Nuvolo to incur additional time or costs in performing Services.
If the parties do not agree on a Change Order, the Engagement shall proceed as originally set forth. If, however, the existing Engagement or any specific Services cannot proceed without an executed Change Order, Nuvolo may suspend Services until the Change Order is executed.